top of page
Newborn Nurture Course
Newborn Nurture is a 2 part course.
This can be delivered in the comfort of your own home, as a home visit, via zoom or in one of the venues
(click here to see venues).
The course is ideal during pregnancy, up to your 8th week postpartum.
Throughout this course you will learn a range of newborn nurturing techniques to support you and your little one with the transition from the womb to world.
We will discuss:-
- The Fourth Trimester Support and Parental Wellness
- History and Benefits of Baby Massage and Theories of Attachment
- Nurturing Touch and Early Massage
- Benefits of Skin to Skin
- Baby Reflexology
- Rocking and Holding
- Swaddling and Tucking.
- Kangaroo Care
- Kangaroo Mother Care
- Containment Holds
- Gentle Movements
- Fourth Trimester Expectations
This course provides parents to be/ new parents with -
- Knowledge of their newborn's developmental needs
- Soothing and settling strategy
- Evidence based information on supporting baby and parent from womb to world
- Information on support available locally
COVID NOTE -
To ensure the health & safety of you & your family, we will continue with adjustments;
• Distancing and room ventilation where possible • Paper handouts are now PDF form
• Hand sanitiser is provided.
IF YOU OR YOUR BABY ARE UNWELL OR ANY ONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND CLASSES.
bottom of page