Newborn Nurture Course
Newborn Nurture is a 2 part course.
This can be delivered in the comfort of your own home, as a home visit, via zoom or in one of the venues
The course is ideal during pregnancy, up to your 8th week postpartum.
Throughout this course you will learn a range of newborn nurturing techniques to support you and your little one with the transition from the womb to world.
We will discuss:-
- The Fourth Trimester Support and Parental Wellness
- History and Benefits of Baby Massage and Theories of Attachment
- Nurturing Touch and Early Massage
- Benefits of Skin to Skin
- Baby Reflexology
- Rocking and Holding
- Swaddling and Tucking.
- Kangaroo Care
- Kangaroo Mother Care
- Containment Holds
- Gentle Movements
- Fourth Trimester Expectations
This course provides parents to be/ new parents with -
- Knowledge of their newborn's developmental needs
- Soothing and settling strategy
- Evidence based information on supporting baby and parent from womb to world
- Information on support available locally
COVID NOTE -
To ensure the health & safety of you & your family, we will continue with adjustments;
• Distancing and room ventilation where possible • Paper handouts are now PDF form
• Hand sanitiser is provided.
IF YOU OR YOUR BABY ARE UNWELL OR ANY ONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND CLASSES.